• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

my 2800 is back together....who wants to post pics for a brotha!!???

Looking great Chevy..yesterday was a day of locating parts and taking measurements for me...really got no work done on the boat. I bought two late model trim pumps with the plastic tanks, dropped off my tie bar to get cut to the right width (I'm running 18" centers which only leaves me about 1" of clearance between the motor cowls-it looks bad azz and should handle great and run fast).

man 18 inch center?? thas badass! should make it run alil better than the 22.5 centers mine are on.

im headn to the lake in a few to test it out.

Looks like they did a real nice stitch job on those seats. Nice and straight. :thumb:

Did you ever get the cabin installed?

Looks like they did a real nice stitch job on those seats. Nice and straight. :thumb:

Did you ever get the cabin installed?

man i gotta tell ya...the guys that do my upholstery work are awesome...and CHEAPPP!!!

they have doen the last three boats ive owned.

they did this entire boat for under 1000 dollars. and thats including the cuddy seats! foam and everything!

the cuddy is still halfway done. i got the two couches on either side of the entry way done and installed. they are removable by the way. the couches will be continued into a wrap around in front of the v berth that will be in the nose as well.

I'm liking this boat even more than I thought I would.

Very nice job 2ton --- beautiful boat :cheers:
....enjoy the rest of the season and be safe :surf:

hey folks...

ran the boat yesterday.

all went well. turned the 28p stock merc choppers to 6300-6400 rpm with 3/4 tank fuel and almost 700 pound of people on board.

left my damn gps in at the house....again. lol so idk what speeds i was runnin.

engines really arent that much louder in the cockpit. planes out good...a lil slower than it did with the 26s...but just bareley enough to notice.

water was slick as glass...nobody out at all......

stayed out all afternoon.

hey folks...

ran the boat yesterday.

all went well. turned the 28p stock merc choppers to 6300-6400 rpm with 3/4 tank fuel and almost 700 pound of people on board.

left my damn gps in at the house....again. lol so idk what speeds i was runnin.

engines really arent that much louder in the cockpit. planes out good...a lil slower than it did with the 26s...but just bareley enough to notice.

water was slick as glass...nobody out at all......

stayed out all afternoon.

How was your handling?? Any porpoise or chinewalk?? I would imagine the midrange excelleration had to be pretty good with the 28's!

How was your handling?? Any porpoise or chinewalk?? I would imagine the midrange excelleration had to be pretty good with the 28's!

the handling of this boat is def a different feeling than an inboard. its alot lighter in weight so it gives a much more "loose" feeling than the inboards that ive owned/driven.

it doesnt chine at all...it will pitch a bit in rough water...the porpoising will occur at lower speed if you dont deploy the proper amount of tab. at full speed you can raise the tabs up and let it fly. you still need to tab down a bit if it gets real rough (BIG cruiser wake...like 4 feet tall big) just to keep the bow from going too high....you can also lett off the throttles to get basically the same effect. the deceleration throws the momentum of the boat forward and crashes the wave and makes it fly flat.

acceleration was good all around...again i didnt feel that it was as good as it was with the 26s...but the 28s are stock chopper 2s...if i lab them i think ican get my rpms/speed up some more.. if the weather is good tomorrow ima go back out with a lighter load and my gps and get some facts.

any news about a speed yet 2ton i am very curious on what you are getting out of it got to get us some pics of your cabing that you are throwing together also

HI ALL!

RAN ALL WEEKEND AND HAD A BLAST! BOAT RAN FLAWLESSLY AND I GOTTA SAY IT DID VERY WELL. HAD A TOP SPEED OF 75MPH AT 6300 RPM OVER THE WEEKEND...BUT MAN IT WAS ROUGH OUT. DIDNT REALLY GET TO LIFT THE TABS AND HAMMER IT THE WAY I WOULD HAVE LIKED. HAD 3 FOLKS WITH ME AS WELL.

THE BOAT HANDLED GREAT AND WAS A BLAST TO DRIVE. IM RELLY GETTINT HE HANG OF DRIVIN THIS THING! ITS A CONVERSATION PIECE FOR SURE. GOT ALOT OF ATTENTION AT THE STATE DOCK AND HARMON CREEK OVER THE WEEKEND.

THAT BEIN SAID: ITS FOR SALE. MY GIRL AND I HAVE DECIDED THAT WHAT WE NEED IS A CRUISER. WE STAYED WITH A FRIEND OF MINE ON HIS 42 SEARAY AND HE FINALLY AFTER YEARS HAS CONVINCED US.

18,500 BUYS IT. OR TRADE TO A NICE CRUISER

WILL ALSO PART OUT: 12K FOR THE ENGINES. 8K FOR THE HULL AND TRAILER.

BOAT NEED NOTHING AND IS READY TO ROCK!

Back