• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new boat time...help

fairwindracing

iv had some very fast small checkmates, but its time to get into a family boat for some sailt water.
whats the diff between the late 80s 21 starflite and a new 21 pulsare?
are they realy hiting 90mph with stock outboards
and i got to stick superboat21 and intimidator21 into the mix

what do ya think
i still got to go fast!!!!

I'm with sim, you sure are in a rush! :rof:

Starflites/Liners have no pad so that slows them down. The Pulsare has one and as per Wildman's post in someone else's thread, they will get fully on the pad around the 90mph mark and that's when the real fun begins. :) A Flite/Liner will run low to mid 60's with a stock 200, a Pulsare will go significantly faster with the same power. I think a 21 Superboat will run somewhere between the two with the same power.

John

ha thanks just geting use to how the forum work (bump)
i had a feeling it was a pad, i just like the look of the older boats (starflite)
but new light weight building im shur is the way to go

I have a 2011 20' Pulsare with a stock 225 that runs 79 and it is for sale!

Attachments

• P5220013.jpg
    P5220013.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 25
I have the 21 Pulsares running over 96 mph. I also have some 21 Liberators for sale that run over 100 with no issues. Click on my website below.

If you're from marblehead, shouldn't you be a sailboat forum?
Just kiddin, I grew up in your neck of the woods.
I'd say with any 21 foot boat you would have to pick your days if you head out too far around there.

All Checkmates are built with end grain balsa core. The new Pulsares have a innerlined floor which is really nice and easy to clean. The Starflite is a shallow V hull with a very small step. The Pulsare is a 19 degree deadrise V hull with a pad bottom that is about 6" wide. The Pulsare rides a bit softer in rough water due to the more aggressive V and when aired out will ride up on the pad. A stock 3.0 liter 225 with 12-14" of setback will make the Pulsare run mid to upper 70's. Wildman has had his Pulsares running 96+ with a 300XS and 16" of setback!!!

Back