• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pulled the trigger!

yellowfiero88

Been browsing for a while now. With what happened to wasted income, it kinda went from browsing to buying real quick. I had narrowed my search to a 253, 259, or a 300 untill a 320 came on the market. It was somewhat local so we made a 2hr drive to look at it. Needless to say, it was not as nice as the guy claimed, tho it was a nice boat. What it did was open our eyes to the 320 line, a boat I never knew existed. After a talk with Kip, I found the 303 was the same boat. In 2001, they included the platform in the length and renamed it the 320. They carried the line till Doug took over and cut it from production. The hull is also used for the ZT330's as well with extra pieces for the ZT built in platform.

I did have a couple requirements. 1~ Purple! 2~K-planes. 3~Off shore controls. Through hours of searching and phone calls out the rear..... I came across only a couple. Most were beat, abused, junk, over priced, or the owner would just not return phone calls. That's when I said screw it, I found 1 more and said if it did not work out, I would start looking again in the spring. After a week of phone calls and pic swapping, the deal is final. Going next week to pick it up in Maine :D. Its a nice, 1997 303 Convincor. It has 454 mag motors, 150hrs, K-Planes, Pirelli flooring, etc. The Cabin is a little different from all the other 303/320's out there. It has no fridge, sink, or head. It makes the cabin huge and saves a lot of weight. Plus, we don't "dock" boat so there is no shore power to run the fridge. I don't want Nick to sneak into my cabin and drop a deuce:irked:. The water we boat in is very clean so I don't need a sink:thumb:

The boat comes with a 1 year old 12,000# custom built tandem axle aluminum trailer. Most twins come with a triple axle, downside is they are a bitch to turn and you have that much more maintenance to do to the trailer. This one will carry the weight of the boat very well, he used to pull it with a 1/2 ton truck before he got his 3/4 ton:eyecrazy:!

Down side: the entire boat needs a good cleaning and buff. As of 2009, the boat was stored on a rack indoors and was showroom condition.

The plan: Well....I can't tell you guys everything ;) I am taking the motors to Kunkels and they will go through them. Might go on a diet in the rear. Might also do a steering upgrade. She will be able to run at least 55gps when done:thumb:

Here is the ad from 2009
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/6994

Thats a BIG boat, I cant wait to see what you do with it. Keep us posted.

A couple more.
29743044156_large.jpg

29743044157_large.jpg
I won't bore you guys with a bunch of pics. But the owner was very easy to deal with. IMO, I got a great deal but will have to do some minor work to it. Can't wait to get it home and clean it up. I think its going to fit us very well size wise. With my back, I can no longer go and get beat around in a small boat. This one is a big, heavy, wave crusher!!! :surf:

Look out Nick, this monster is going to pass yo azz:poke:

Nice boat Brian. I know from the forum, You will make this your new joy toy.. Glad you found one:drool: I would hate to feed this sucker.. But some people can.. Congrats..:bounce:

Hey YF, I'd like to offer up a congratulation on that fine looking vessel. I was, like everyone else, real sorry about what happened. Now I'm kind of excited to see you get this new one. I like it. Looking forward to hearing about some adventures in the future. Thanks for the pics too.

Brian, Dude that's YFin awesome! Glad to hear it! Big enough? Oh yeah she's perfect. You're going to let Kunkel's go wild right? What do you mean put the ass end on a diet? Happy for you man

Nova Scotia plates on the trailer. What's the history?

Just showed my wife and she is way jealous! She said "maybe we should have burned down our old mate" lol cold hearted bitc#

Last edited:
Congrats! You coming out to Jersey to pick it up?
Waterville, Maine is the meeting location. I don't have a passport so I could not go all the way. I am so pissed as I would love to say I drove to Nova Scotia, Canada to get my boat:D

Good looking Boat, Don't burn it:poke::rof:

Could not resist that:devil:
Fume detection and fire suppression system :bigthumb:

Nice boat Brian. I know from the forum, You will make this your new joy toy.. Glad you found one:drool: I would hate to feed this sucker.. But some people can.. Congrats..:bounce:
I don't have a payment on it so that will help with the fuel expenses! Plus if built right, they use little fuel at cruise speed. 45mph in the green boat was turning around 2200ish rpm. I could run all weekend on 15g or 93!!

Brian, Dude that's YFin awesome! Glad to hear it! Big enough? Oh yeah she's perfect. You're going to let Kunkel's go wild right? What do you mean put the ass end on a diet? Happy for you man

Nova Scotia plates on the trailer. What's the history?

Just showed my wife and she is way jealous! She said "maybe we should have burned down our old mate" lol cold hearted bitc#
I am not sure what we are going to do right now. Depends on the cost. There is some motor issues but they do run still. So first its to go through that one. From there full hydraulic steering since the motors will be out. Then we will see ;) I don't believe in using credit to pay for hobbies. As for diet, see below post!
I think he means that some of the metal parts are going to get traded for something shiney and lighter.:thumb:

Bill Combs took the order from Duckys Boats. Special order all the way. Never even had snaps for a cockpit cover. From there, I know it was in NJ as of 2009. I got a call into that guy to see about info or if he bought it new or used. This guy bought it from the dealer that got it from NJ. That dealer is in Nova Scotia and brings boats up from the states. I hope to piece everything together so I have a more detailed history.......but I think she might have been a whore! Thats alright because I will prob get her wet and ride her hard:banana:

I hope to piece everything together so I have a more detailed history.......but I think she might have been a whore! Thats alright because I will prob get her wet and ride herhard:banana:[/QUOTE]

Yeah buddy! Dip and Dive....... Dip and Dive

Glad to see your getting her :banana: and that is a BIG ass boat, can't wait to go for a ride some day, how big is the fuel tank? I always pitch in for gas if I'm ever riding in someone else's boat but I don't know if my loan officer will approve enough to fill that thing :poke:

Back