• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

" For Sale" (SOLD)1988 Checkmate Starliner (Knarloids)

knarloid

1988 Checkmate Starliner, white with blue side stripes+metal flake
1988 Yamaha ProV 150hp (alleged to be 170+hp) runs great, sips juice.
1988 CC Rider Bunk trailer with pinstriping, 2 new wheels and tires in April 2015. Spare wheel.
3rd owner from new. Garage kept up to 2013, always under covers.

Title for trailer and boat in hand.

No soft spots.
Upholstery as new - no cracks.
Plenty of storage space under bow seats and rear seat, bow locker.
Ski locker.
New Fishfinder/depth included (installed in 2015).
All gauges work.
Rear swim platforms, one with ladder.
Bilge pump.
29 gallon tank.

Whole rig was bought new together in 1998 at a boat show.

Best speed seen - 54mph. Jumps onto plane.
Best boat I have ever owned. Only selling to go bigger for a deep-v.
Anyone who has seen this boat knows how mint it is. Cleanest Starliner I've ever seen.

Asking $7000 o.b.o.

Would consider driving part way to meet a buyer.
May offer test drive locally with expenses.
More pictures can be arranged on request.

nine seven three, six one zero nine nine nine eight

76F9002A-AD44-4C01-A504-57D9ADB99FB9_zpspdi5wemp.jpg

54BBA69E-A4A7-4F3F-A949-E10D11EC7208_zpsikiwcmve.jpg

4DD29083-ADFA-4352-B894-9932758A2CAC_zps4gncbfab.jpg

3353930A-23AE-41A7-9EAC-6FDD8754A1A0_zpscraogg28.jpg

9F204A36-324C-4FEE-AC2A-EF4DB6929A51_zpsomg77afp.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta testify and validate.
Everything said is true. Clean, pristine, well kept and loved.
(except for when it was bought- I think there's an error in the posting.
It says 1998- I think he meant 1988)
Have boated with this one side-by-side for years. Remember when it was purchased
and wondered how a boat could be in such great shape.
But then again, it's knarloid.

Yes - my bad - it was bought originally in 1988 at a boat show.
Thanks for the kind words Sim - I see that check cleared. :sssh::D

This is no longer on the market.

I need to find the next boat I want before I consider selling (too attached :sssh:).
Who knows when that will be.

Man, I know how you feel...I was a yo-yo on keep or sell for a while. I don't care what anyone says, the world is at least a 4 boat place. Small fast boat, big fast boat, small fishing boat, big fishing boat...and probably a pontoon to boot. You simply have your small fast boat...now just find the other three...easy. :cheers:

You summed it up nicely Sam.

Admittedly, my small fast boat is this one:
WW_air1.jpg

But as its still in Ireland (one day will be here, with this 150hp Yamaha), I need the Starliner as the small fast boat.
The big fast boat will be twin outboard, cabin, 24-28' and deep v.

I know what I want, but need more choices and a bit more pocket change.
So until that all falls into place, I'll stay with this Starliner - still the best boat I've ever had all round. :thumb:
I think you are right to be investing in yours in Bucyrus.

I think you are right to be investing in yours in Bucyrus.

It's not often the words "right", "boat" and "investment" collide in the same sentence. I don't know if I'm right, but it's going to be the most-fun-bad-decision I've made since this one time in college...but at least she had brains...huge ones. :banana:

When you do decide to sell and if I'm still looking hopefully I get the first call. Even though I didnt buy your boat yesterday it was nice to meet another forum member and see more mates on the river. Hope to do it again as soon as someone decides to lets theirs go, plus the kids seemed to have a good time too.

When you do decide to sell and if I'm still looking hopefully I get the first call. Even though I didnt buy your boat yesterday it was nice to meet another forum member and see more mates on the river. Hope to do it again as soon as someone decides to lets theirs go, plus the kids seemed to have a good time too.

Brian - you got it!
Was great to meet you and your family yesterday (I wasn't intimidated by 3 generations at all!!! ;)) - the kids had a blast on the sandbar.
Your family own one of the tidiest 'Mates I've ever seen from the 80's. I didn't take any pictures (for a change), but I know everyone here would love to see it.

As a group around the river, we need to get back to promoting our (almost) bi-weekly trips on the Delaware for the group in the area during the season. There's more than enough of us to enable the kids to hang out all day in and around the water, the ladies to complain about our obsessions, and the lads to obsess! :thumb:

Here she comes again. Now that I have the next boat, the Liner is back up for sale. Details are as above.

Not separating the engine, being sold complete.
No trades. No low ballers.

850F8379-AED6-4B0E-B8EB-97F8C79E6591_zpsuo44tynw.jpg

E317D9AA-048F-4ACF-B717-03A0D89D2C54_zpsoqkw1mli.jpg

:welcome:Congrats! Clean boat, I know you will enjoy it. But you'll enjoy it more with a 250!
Also, welcome to the forum.

Back