• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

"Wasted Income" 1986-2011 R.I.P.

I just got back online after a week without power, and dropped by this site only to read THIS sad tale.

Thought I was bad off while spending a couple days cleaning up Irene debris, but the falling trees missed my 'mate while the gremlins got yours!

I feel for you. I've lost toys to misfortune before, but not yet anything with an investment of BS&T's like you had in 'Wasted'.

Certainly hope you get past this and stay in the 'family', even if the next one's not such a labor of love. I can't stay bent under the hood of a sports car customizing anymore, but I still own and enjoy one. (Hey...I know where there's a nice '86 enchanter you could keep from becoming a fishing barge!) ;)

Can you run a big boat up there? If and when I get back into it, it will be a convincor. I still want to come up that way next year. If I don't have a boat, maybe if I show up and thumb:bigthumb:...... someone will feel sorry and give me a ride!!

lots of big boats run the muskoka lakes - you won't have any trouble :)

Sorry for your loss.Just glad nobody was hurt.I'm sure you're heart broken but it can be replaced.Not the work,but you'll alway's have the good memories.Hope you do good w/insurance etc.Good luck Bro,God Bless.

Hey Brian..all is not lost...I might be able to use your trailer for the Pulsare I bought in NJ! Did you boat have a 19 degree deadrise??

Hey Brian..all is not lost...I might be able to use your trailer for the Pulsare I bought in NJ! Did you boat have a 19 degree deadrise??
Yes 19*. Plus the insurance refuses to pay anything for the trailer:pissed:.

They wanted me to notarize the title today and get it to them so they can pick up the boat. I asked what they are giving me for it and that I will have to accept their offer before anything like that will happen. They said sometime next week they will have the value back and they will cut a check. Sorry but I have 2 different proven values (checkmate dealer & NADA, both within $200 of each other) of the boat and unless its close, I am sticking my lawyer on them. I will not get screwed by some azzhole firm (Davis & Company) that is hired to protect the interest of Allstate. Hopefully I am all wrong and over worrying but we will see!

On a plus note, I have narrowed my search down to a 300 or a 303/320 convincor :thumb:. I like the 303/320 for the size. Megan can stand up in the cabin! Plus a fridge, sink, head, and tons of storage......not to mention the ride quality of a true 30'+ boat. The sound of twins screaming has nothing to do with my choice, heck I have had that on the green boat;)

my neighbor just had his 38' sail boat burn in it's slip, he had an agreed value policy with progressive and they came out, asked the typical arson questions (covering their azz for fraud...) and it was no issue in the end. He got the full value for the boat, agreed value policies are a great thing sometimes, I have one on everything that's so old it's nada/kbb value is not accurate anymore.

good luck getting the money you deserve!

So sorry! Very, very sad!! We were just commenting on automatic suppression systems and your tragedy certainly reinforces the fact that those of us who do not have them installed should get them ASAP! We all know this is not easy and hope to soon hear you'll be boating again with your family and friends in the spring!

I was very sorry to read about your boat. I saw your project thread and you did an awesome job. I do paint and body work so I know what you put into it. Good luck with the adjusters and with your search for a replacement.
Bill

I sincerely hate to see someones hard work go up in flames (literally). I have seen it to many times @ the race track. that is why I did a lot of research on on board fire suppression & went what I thought to be the best one for my application. my best friends dad has a Buick GNX that burnt & that was the one that pushed me over the edge to make the purchase.

Yes 19*. Plus the insurance refuses to pay anything for the trailer:pissed:.

They wanted me to notarize the title today and get it to them so they can pick up the boat. I asked what they are giving me for it and that I will have to accept their offer before anything like that will happen. They said sometime next week they will have the value back and they will cut a check. Sorry but I have 2 different proven values (checkmate dealer & NADA, both within $200 of each other) of the boat and unless its close, I am sticking my lawyer on them. I will not get screwed by some azzhole firm (Davis & Company) that is hired to protect the interest of Allstate. Hopefully I am all wrong and over worrying but we will see!

;)

So can you part out anything on the boat?? Is the outdrive in good shape?? This may be a dumb question but is the engine a complete loss or is at least the bottom end of the motor still OK?? Will the insurance company let you strip what ever may be good from the hull before they take it? I'm not asking cuz i want to buy anything in particular, just curious is all, maybe some of Wasted Incomes parts could go to keep another 'Mate alive.

I've had pretty good results with Allstate. Once they've determined the "total loss" payoff, and if you're OK with it, you could also ask them what the salvage cost will be on the boat. Once they've paid you off it may be cost effective for you to pay the salvage cost and keep the boat (unless they let you strip it first). You may be able to save some of the parts and/or sell what you don't want to keep.

If you end up buying back and are parting out what kind of deal can I get on that c.d. player in the dash? Looks like a pioneer from here.

Well that's good news. Now you can keep what is alvageable, reuse what you want, and make some coin off anything that is sellable.

Back