• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2400 Pulsare Br vs 2400 Brx BR

aaronmt

Im really thinking Id like a openbow and the wife seems to be on board with it.Im thinking a Pulsare 21 but also thinking maybe a bigger one.How do the Pulsare 24 and Brx compare weight wise and build wise.I was really spoiled with our Allison not haveing wood in it.More then likely id put a 300xs on it,becouse I dont think our 250xs would be enuff.Im looking for a family boat but still want some speed.Im not sure what yr they started the Pulsare 24 and what yr the Brx came out.Thanks for your input.

SEND THAT GS MY WAY!

I sold the grandsport a few years ago.It was nice in the fact it had no wood,but thats bout where it ended for being practical.It was just to finicky on where weight would be and if people would move around.Its just a small boat once it showed up and sitting next to my starflite I had second thougts.It wasnt very good for all around boating and hanging out it,but it did fly.

Im really thinking Id like a openbow and the wife seems to be on board with it.Im thinking a Pulsare 21 but also thinking maybe a bigger one.How do the Pulsare 24 and Brx compare weight wise and build wise.I was really spoiled with our Allison not haveing wood in it.More then likely id put a 300xs on it,becouse I dont think our 250xs would be enuff.Im looking for a family boat but still want some speed.Im not sure what yr they started the Pulsare 24 and what yr the Brx came out.Thanks for your input.

The pulsare 24 is still old school vs the liner style brx which gives you a TON of walking room. You will give up 5-6 mph but I have had the 2400 brx to 72.8 with a trophy plus and even trimmed down for rough water it will still do 68-70 ( with a 300xs )

I have not weighed my boat though so I cannot answer that.

Checkmate told me that the ride between the 2400BRX and the 2100 is night and day if rough water handling is of concern.

HD

Checkmate told me that the ride between the 2400BRX and the 2100 is night and day if rough water handling is of concern.

HD

One of my buddies has a hydro stream 20ft open bow which runs 80 plus. On the river this weekend we were playing around and I had 4 people in my boat and he had 2. Bottom line that even after 5 miles of wot running he was not able to catch me because I did not have to lift one time :bigthumb:

I just got in a new 2013 24BRX this past Saturday. I also have a 21 bowrider and a 21 closed deck which runs over 96 on GPS. Give me a call and I'll answer all your questions. 386-295-2132. Here's what I have in stock. I haven't got my new 20BRX and 24BRX listed yet.
http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/id15.html Thanx, Randy

It's marked as Private on You Tube. Now I want to see it even more! :drool:

oops. It should be ok now. Not very exciting trust me haha, the camera needs to be zoomed in more but this was just a quick vid to see how it would come out.

The thing that is good and bad about the 24 brx is that 70 now feels pretty slow because the boat never gets out of shape. I have yet to feel any hint of chine walk or the front end feeling like it was getting to high even through decent waves.

Now I need a really fast boat for when I don't have the kids :)

I can't speak to the 21 but the 24 BRX is a pretty good rough water boat.
I traded in my 24' cobalt 246 with a 496 mag for the BRX. Even though the boats are the same length the Cobalt was a much larger 24, with more freeboard etc. I boat on Barnegat Bay in NJ and the water gets pretty rough sometimes. (especially on weekends) I was quite suprised that the BRX rides much better than the Cobalt and is very solid.

Ill give you a call next week WILDMAN.A couple things im wonderen about is the weight differences between the older and newer ones,storage space and whats better built.If a guy was to order new could it be built with a lighter lay up,ski-locker and possibly coolers.How flexible is the factory when building a boat.If I bought a older used one I could change stuff myself and not feel as bad cutting a brand new boat up.Our old Starflie had the step and the only thing that was different I thought was it took a bit longer to slow down when comeing off plane it felt like it would slide a bit longer.Is 80 out of the question with either these hulls,assuming it be powered with 300xs.How fast has has anyone seen with a 24 pulsare br and 24 brx br?It has to be a bow rider or I cant justify a different boat since our Velocity does everything so well.Thanks

OK, I'll be waiting for your call. I just got another order for another 24BRX yesterday, Going to Michigan.

Ill give you a call next week WILDMAN.A couple things im wonderen about is the weight differences between the older and newer ones,storage space and whats better built.If a guy was to order new could it be built with a lighter lay up,ski-locker and possibly coolers.How flexible is the factory when building a boat.If I bought a older used one I could change stuff myself and not feel as bad cutting a brand new boat up.Our old Starflie had the step and the only thing that was different I thought was it took a bit longer to slow down when comeing off plane it felt like it would slide a bit longer.Is 80 out of the question with either these hulls,assuming it be powered with 300xs.How fast has has anyone seen with a 24 pulsare br and 24 brx br?It has to be a bow rider or I cant justify a different boat since our Velocity does everything so well.Thanks

80 in a brx is not a realistic goal even with a 300xs. "maybe" with a 350 verado but those are big $$ I have tried 4 different props and my best is 72.8 with ideal conditions (cool weather some chop etc)

I am sure you know the brx has a cooler storage area. I do like this because it is easy to pull the cooler in and out, it is a bit small though.

To answer another question: BRX has ski storage rack behind rear seat (above the bilge).

Under the front seats, the areas are gel-coated and have drains, and the BRX is a liner boat, so the front seats (and under the rear bench) are possible coolers, if you want to use them that way.

Both boats are awesome. They probably have the same total amount of storage, it is just in different places and shapes. We are a watertoy family. For that my br is great because I can put a wakeboard in the gunnel space on each side, along with my anchorshade top. I can also carry two kneeboards and multiple tubes in the nose, along with the anchor and have room to spare (When there's nothing up there my wife can take a nap in that space). My slalom skis ride in the gunnel space of the bow area on one side and my four big fenders on the other side along with the anchor light and paddle. Towels, lines, and misc junk under the back seat. We sit the cooler in the depression in the floor that you use to crawl under the dash and there is still plenty of room to get through there. Since I haven't tried to load all this junk onto a brx I can't speak to exactly how it would all fit, but when we looked at one I thought I could make it all work.

jsheperd - we are practically neighbors, I'm just outside Canal Fulton. Where do you go on the river? We usually go to Kennedy Park near East Liverpool, or Salt Fork.

Back