• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

454 MAG MPI Pro Charger upgrade

Ugh it did not come with the hub

Ok so all of the Bravo 1 props are not built the same. I did not order the new hub because I thought I could use the one from my current 30P Bravo 1. NOPE!!! :devil:
Ok so the order for the hub will go in on Monday!
Still screams but so excited to try the new prop!

Ok took the 32P Bravo 1 FS FOR A SPIN TODAY

Keuka Lake does not get much rougher then it did yesterday and today, ugh! Still took her out with the new prop. I hit 82 at 4500 RPM's with still a lot left in the throttle! 3-4 footers with white caps and 30 MPH Cross winds do not mix well with a 24' Steletto.
Hoping tomorrow will calm down a little so I can run.

This prop seems to be the bomb, the bow comes up automatically and the boat still accelerates like a rocket.

82 MPH @ 4500 RPM WITH PLENTY OF THROTTLE LEFt, YEE HA!

Ugh frustrating

Okay took her out at dusk. 5100 RPM's @ 85 MPH. Made two passes but results were the same on both. That puts my slip at 18%, NFG. I will be calling a Scott from Merc Racing on Tuesday, this makes no sense.
This is a 32P Bravo 1 and it slips 5% higher then the normal Bravo 1. I did hit the rev limiter once at 5150 RPM with the 32P.

Any suggestions?

Those are some impressive speeds . Not sure of others experience with Bravo props but I have never seen better than 16% slip. Usually 20+ slip especially on top end. That must be one heck of a ride at 85. Jason does great work with nice results.

It is a fun ride. The FS handles differently then the standard Bravo 1. More like a 3 Blade.
I get a 13% slip on my current 30P Bravo 1 at 85 MPH 5150 RPM's. That was the conversation I had with Scott R at Merc racing he suggested the 32 FS. I will reach out to Merc racing this Tuesday in regards to the slip numbers and what tweaks can be done to improve the numbers.
I will also call Benny Blades for input and possible new prop.

I don't give up that easy!

Mercury Racing let me return the 32P Bravo 1 FS

Okay returned the 32P Bravo 1 FS today for a full refund $799. When I made the purchase I thought no way but Scott F from Mercury Racing called the local dealer and authorized the return, wow!
I went back to the knowledge guru Jason Kunkel and I have purchased a 32P Bravo 1 labbed a customer of his had. He thinks the engine will turn this prop and if it doesn't it will after we add the Lightning Headers next winter.
Wife told me just buy a faster boat!! Hmm.... She doesn't get how much fun it is trying to gain a few more MPH!
:banana:

32P Bravo 1 Labbed

Any new results?

The 32P Bravo 1 labbed prop arrived at Kunkels and it was actually an XC with 4 holes in it. Jason filled the holes with epoxy and shipped it to me. Best run was 86MPH GPS @ 5000 RPM. The lake was very busy with a lot of boat chop so I had to back her down. I have been waiting for the perfect conditions and finally got them last week. Full tank of gas on three runs and she would only do 80 MPH STILL 5000 RPM. Something was wrong and when I checked the prop nut had backed off and was 2-3 turns from coming off. I removed the prop and examined the shaft and everything looks fine. Replaced the prop nut with a new one and tried again. Same numbers. Kunkel told me to check the prop and low and behold one of the plunged holes had opened up.
Kunkels told me to ship it back to them and he will ship a new 32P Bravo 1 to me.

Imagine the 32P Bravo 1 was running 86MPH @ 5000 RPM, 15% slip. When one of the plugs came out 80 MPH @ 5000 RPM 21% slip.
She has the 30P Bravo 1 back on, 85MPH 5150 RPM.
Got to play with Themudshark and his 89 Spectra with V8 400 HP Johnson on Friday. Unfortunately he was having some fuel issues and there was a little bit of chop. I did not get the chance to ask him if my Stilleto was blowing any smoke out the exhaust!

She still behaves like a stock engine I could not be happier.

Anyone have any experience with Hydrommotive propellers?
:banana:

32P Bravo 1 all stock

Ok finally got the chance to put the new 32P Bravo 1 and test it today. This prop is a different animal then the 30 P. She drives completely different then the 30P. Needless to say I need a little more seat time but when she hooked up I hit 86MPH GPS and she was climbing. I hope to be able to run her this weekend after I get a better feal for the boat/prop combo.
It was a scary ride so I only glanced at the Tach once and was seeing 5,000 or 5100 RPMs. Based on my experience with the 30P there are 2-3 more MPH In her.
Say tuned!

Oh yea those numbers were with a full tank of gas!

85mph and going for 90mph without hydraulic steering...you sir are brave !! Sweet ride though, sounds like a damn strong runner!

85mph and going for 90mph without hydraulic steering...you sir are brave !! Sweet ride though, sounds like a damn strong runner!

The Hyd steering will be installed with Lightning Headers this winter. I spent my budget last winter so those two items will be added by Kunkel this winter, new budget! I don't even run her hard if the conditions are not proper, will keep her under 70 and she handles fantastic. I need calm water or up to about one foot of chop and she just comes alive and really hooks up. Two - three footers and she just goes no faster then 70 or sits in her hoist.

better get that steering before you end up like the Donzi @ LOTO this past weekend, ran my 251 a couple time in the low 80's without, then caught a wake wrong(not a bad one either) and bad things were about to happen...keep in mind 80+ in these short boats is like playing russian ruliet sooner or later the live rounds going to come up...be careful

better get that steering before you end up like the Donzi @ LOTO this past weekend, ran my 251 a couple time in the low 80's without, then caught a wake wrong(not a bad one either) and bad things were about to happen...keep in mind 80+ in these short boats is like playing russian ruliet sooner or later the live rounds going to come up...be careful

Thanks I have been and will continue to be careful but like you stated it only takes once. The steering will go on this winter as well as the Headers. I discussed this with Kunkel and it was his recommendation to add the Hyd steering. I knew I would need seat time with the new power and props this season. You will note I did not post my second speed trial with the 32P Bravo 1. There was to much wind and traffic on the lake so she stayed in the hoist.:banana:

Thanks I have been and will continue to be careful but like you stated it only takes once. The steering will go on this winter as well as the Headers. I discussed this with Kunkel and it was his recommendation to add the Hyd steering. I knew I would need seat time with the new power and props this season. You will note I did not post my second speed trial with the 32P Bravo 1. There was to much wind and traffic on the lake so she stayed in the hoist.:banana:

I wasn't trying to come off negative, just a lot going on in the boating world lately and safety seems to be the topic..as it should.

Jason is top notch, I actually saw your boat there briefly when we were droping off my buddy's Nordic for some love.

Safe boating, I love reading threads like these!

Okay we did a fun run on Keuka lake yesterday perfect day with 15 different high performance boats, ye ha!
Well found out why we need Hydraulic steering! Doing close to 60 when something went thud and the boat listed so hard to port the boat next to me told the gellcoat on looks awesome! Scared the he'll outta me and the other 3 riders.

I cannot imagine what that would have been like running into the 80's. I more then likely would not be here to post this.
She is off the hoist and back in the driveway awaiting her trip to Kunkel Marine to see what broke, have it fixed, add hydraulic steering and Lightning Headers.

Okay we did a fun run on Keuka lake yesterday perfect day with 15 different high performance boats, ye ha!
Well found out why we need Hydraulic steering! Doing close to 60 when something went thud and the boat listed so hard to port the boat next to me told the gellcoat on looks awesome! Scared the he'll outta me and the other 3 riders.

I cannot imagine what that would have been like running into the 80's. I more then likely would not be here to post this.
She is off the hoist and back in the driveway awaiting her trip to Kunkel Marine to see what broke, have it fixed, add hydraulic steering and Lightning Headers.

you were warned, its not only about handling, but supporting the drive as well..:brickwall:

Back