• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

454 MAG MPI Pro Charger upgrade

32P Spinelli Star prop, 4 blade

Ok so last fall I found a used 32P Spinelli Star and traded one of my 32P Bravos.
Put the new wheel on for yesterday’s Keuka Fun Run. I love the prop.
Had a full tank of gas and two very very large guys in the boat with me and hit 87GPS.
This is not a Spinelli made special for my Boat so I am sold and pulling the trigger on a custom Spinelli for her!

Since U had the procharger on for the past 2 years would like some updates such has the engine held up without any issues?

thanks

Since U had the procharger on for the past 2 years would like some updates such has the engine held up without any issues?

thanks

The motor runs like it is stock, absolutely no issues. I think that has more to do with who installed the system then the ProCharger itself. Jason Kunkel at Kunkel Auto & Marine is fantastic to deal with and knows the setup inside and out.
The boat will run 86 GPS any day (full tank and 4 people) and I have hit 88 GPS once by myself.:banana:

Sounds like we blew a head gasket

Okay looks like I blew a head gasket last fall at Octoberfast 2018. Cold air and cold water made the boat run incredibly fast but I should have had the larger 34 Pitch prop on the boat.
5,400 RPM and 88 MPH pushed her a little to far!
Will be hauling her back to Ohio and Jason Kunkel this April for repairs.
I will update the post after I give Jason Kunkel time to give her the once over!

Took out the #5 cylinder

Okay so the entire engine is being gone through. All cylinders bored 30 over, new rods, flat top pistons entire lower assembly has been balanced and blueprinted. Heads are being completely rebuilt with Inconal Valves and roller rockers.
Should be back on the water before the 4-July

Tick Toc, tick toc

Still waiting for the engine to be done. ECU went out for reprogramming a week ago. Can’t wait to see what the new upgrades will show. I don’t expect anything but I do miss my toy.:banana:

Hey guy’s

I have question for y’all. Since you’ve been working on adding power to the 454, do you know how much fuel pressure the injection system needs to operate properly? Last year a new fuel system 100% was replaced then a return line was added at end of season. There is no restriction on it so I’m feeling a lack of power due to not enough fuel. I’m putting a fuel pressure regulator in just wanted a good starting point on pressure.

Back