• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Old Checkmate Molds

Its like a chain reaction Doug gets Baja molds that were going to the landfill and started making boats. Now coop gets Checkmate molds that were going to the landfill and is going to make boats. Sounds to me like Coop and Doug should just team up and they could dominate the boat building business.

I herd Mcleod seats is going belly up. Maybe I can get their seat molds before they go to the landfill and build seats and sell them to Doug and Coop.

Its like a chain reaction Doug gets Baja molds that were going to the landfill and started making boats. Now coop gets Checkmate molds that were going to the landfill and is going to make boats. Sounds to me like Coop and Doug should just team up and they could dominate the boat building business.

I herd Mcleod seats is going belly up. Maybe I can get their seat molds before they go to the landfill and build seats and sell them to Doug and Coop.

Thats to bad for Mcleod,Hes only 5 miles from me.Been on raft offs with him before.

Yep, and Reed got my old molds, go figure. Small town maybe? Around here we check with our parents before we date anybody. At least we should. :rof:

I'm just curious. These pics of the molds and the desription of the place they were "found" suggest to me that they were just dumped somwhere on the outskirts of town. What's up with that? I know I must be assuming way too much here, but were they just "dumped" on the side of the road for lack of a better term? I mean, is Checkmate guilty of littering?

Anyway, it's kind of cool that someone like yourself has taken posession of them and may be able to utilize them. It would be cool to see some of the old skewl hulls remade with a modern flair.

btw, I probably missed it, but what's up with that purple Persuader in your avatar??? That thing looks sweet!

here are some boat names...checkincoop or coopmate

I'm just curious. These pics of the molds and the desription of the place they were "found" suggest to me that they were just dumped somwhere on the outskirts of town. What's up with that? I know I must be assuming way too much here, but were they just "dumped" on the side of the road for lack of a better term? I mean, is Checkmate guilty of littering?

Anyway, it's kind of cool that someone like yourself has taken posession of them and may be able to utilize them. It would be cool to see some of the old skewl hulls remade with a modern flair.

btw, I probably missed it, but what's up with that purple Persuader in your avatar??? That thing looks sweet!

Not exactly on the side of the road. But visible from the road. I have these in three places, some at my place, some at a friends place way at the rear of his property but visible to anyone going up and down Rt 4 north of Bucyrus, the rest are behind where my new shop is, I just haven't had a chance to cut the weeds down yet. They are actually sitting in a stone parking lot. I've been working on moving these things on weekends since last November.

The Avatar is actually a Pulse 186 with the molded in stripe photoshopped off. I just wanted to see what it would look like. Its an easy mod that I can make to the mold, and it opens up the possiblilities with the graphics.

Here is a bigger version for you.

l_9197e4d56fb148c7800ced7a5e91223f.png

l_3205064ff545439c9f04dcd4c720c0da.png

Last edited:
jallen355, Persuader just kind of rolls off the tounge.

Looks good too.

Persuader185closeddeckobqa%20copy.jpg

Persuader260Sport001ba.jpg

I've driven by those molds quite a few times on rt.4, during anhydrous ammonia season... always wondered if they were old checkmate molds- and now I know the rest of the story:cheers:

They all need a little work in some form or another. This one needs a good sanding and buffing. Mostly its just dirty.
But I am thinking of filling in the style line to be able to build a deck like in those photoshop pictures.

Coopsnewgaragejuly2009%20007a.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I should leave these in the mold, or go for a smooth look.

Coopsnewgaragejuly2009%20006a.jpg

I've got two of them so I could fill them on this one and leave them on the other.

Never heard of a Stilleto. What year were those made??

I've heard of 'em, but don't know much about them. Anybody know anything about the Stilleto. Might be the name and model to go with...:confused:. Build it only with the fastest engine, outdrive, or outboard combo available... no other option!!!! Remember you heard it hear first;).

I've heard of 'em, but don't know much about them. Anybody know anything about the Stilleto. Might be the name and model to go with...:confused:. Build it only with the fastest engine, outdrive, or outboard combo available... no other option!!!! Remember you heard it hear first;).

What say all?? I like the sound "Stilleto".

Good finds Coop! Like JW said, if you could make the Pulse 170 or 185/6 quite a bit lighter than CM did, I'd be in for one! Maybe get rid of some of the hull height??

Oh, and for whatever it's worth, none of the names suggested in here have really 'spoken' to me... if you're serious, put a lot of thought into the name, people will form an opinion even before they see pictures or specs of the boat.

Screamin' Boats

You could have names like the Screamin' Demon :devil:

Other good possibilities:
Hydrosonic or Hypersonic :D

Any I don't want no :shakehead:'s!

Anyways, I might be interested in investing.

Back