• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Old Checkmate Molds

I'm trying to decide if I should leave these in the mold, or go for a smooth look.

Coopsnewgaragejuly2009%20006a.jpg

I've got two of them so I could fill them on this one and leave them on the other.

You knew I would chime in on this, Your a fool if you smooth them over. I get tons of complements on those tear drops all the time.

I'm trying to decide if I should leave these in the mold, or go for a smooth look.

Coopsnewgaragejuly2009%20006a.jpg

I've got two of them so I could fill them on this one and leave them on the other.

it sure would be easier to make and keep up the "vents", they seem to be in the way all the time for entering and exiting the boat at docks etc. id find a way to do a billet version!

BigRed, I agree as it is the only boat on the water with that look but............

Coop - nothing for brian or what

Id be in on something as soon as i can sell mine!! Will have cash in hand and ready to build one with ya!

I think those tear drops look good... one of a kind looks are in, I will be reworking some old trimate II's and a TRV-17 with ( a 1 off design ) re-working the old and making something new ( I will take step by step pics of the process , then post the final build all at once )
I go to Coop's as often as I can, and he has good ideas and a plan that will grow to something great....

The thing that keeps us going through the ~ Tuff Times~ in life are our Dreams... without Dreams to drive us, we are mear cattle in life.
Coop is a true visionary and is running with a great idea...
I think this site was built by visionaries .... look at how many of us ~ customize~ our boats and--- share--- the pics so we can lend ideas for others to work with
Thanks Coop

As of last week I am no longer the Checkmate delivery guy. I'll help them out if they need me, but other than that I'm gone.

I think those tear drops look good... one of a kind looks are in, I will be reworking some old trimate II's and a TRV-17 with ( a 1 off design ) re-working the old and making something new ( I will take step by step pics of the process , then post the final build all at once )
I go to Coop's as often as I can, and he has good ideas and a plan that will grow to something great....

Cant wait to see the New and improved Trimate II . Its a really great design and handles very well . And alot has changed in the marine industry since the Trimate II was built . Alot can be done to make a old boat fantastic .

The thing that keeps us going through the ~ Tuff Times~ in life are our Dreams... without Dreams to drive us, we are mear cattle in life.
Coop is a true visionary and is running with a great idea...
I think this site was built by visionaries .... look at how many of us ~ customize~ our boats and--- share--- the pics so we can lend ideas for others to work with
Thanks Coop
I already know where I need to be, and can envision myself there. So all I have to do is put the pieces in place to get there.

Hey Coop, sorry to hear about the no delivery gut thing, Kinda thought you were part of the product at this point! Hope all works out well for ya.

Start building, I think you'll have agreat following!! Good luck!! If you get mold for a 30 let me know.

Hi Coop sweet deal with the molds wish i had some in my back yard. Just my opinion I build trophy winning show cars, trucks etc as hobby and all my personal vehicles are not stock but have subtle changes that make them stand out in a crowd. Checkmate has done most of the work for you in building a legend. Make some changes but not drastic sometime even just a color scheme makes all the differance in the world. Ever see cars built by Chip Foose he takes an old muscle car and tweeks it some large rims lowers the stance some but it still looks like a camaro or chevell or mustang but little more modern looking and sexy has HIS touch allover it and his paint shemes are pretty simply two tones with his twist. I am going to the sema show in vegas in nov hoping to rub elbows with him and others. Would love to get into a build sometime see what we come up with. Wish I was closer.
My resume includes 1988 multi trophy wining monster toyota show truck. 67 camaro pro street, 1992 Trophy winning jeep. Custom 85 chevy stepside frame up restore (painted in 3stage pearl white)1989 wildly pimped out honda civic for nephew, pimped nissan for niece, 4x4 elcamino, restored 78 bronco, 1936 dodge pickup (sold before finished) In garage now is 1992 mitsu3000GT waiting to go RWD with Chevy small block tunnel ram pushing close to 650 -700 horse I am new to the speed boating but have loved checkmates for almost 20 yrs just finishing my MX-15 now hopefully another check this winter or hydrostream. But a custom build would be cool.

Chris, what did you think of Boyd C.? I see a lot of his old guys are working for Foose now.

last i heard from brian is he was looking at an eliminator...dont know what he did. he called me on a day i couldnt talk, i called him back but never heard from him again!!!

good luck coop. i am definately in the market for the open bow boat as soon as mines gone. just gotta pick the hull. i want to do something thats gonna ride nice. can we make one of the i/o boats into a outboard version! like the stilletto openbow with twins.....nah, just something with a single.

whats gonna happen for you with the merc issues up in FDL, will that affect you?

Back