• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Old Checkmate Molds

You layin up a boat yet coop?
Not yet, just sitting here east of Indianapolis taking a 10hr break. Trying to decide on what to do when I do get home, work on that deck or work on cleaning up the new shop so I can get more stuff into it by winter. No heat out there so I won't be able to work out there until spring, but the more I get moved out there, the more room I'll have in the shop at home.

I can't wait to see a one of a kind.. :) , if I get laid off this winter there will be loads of time to build something new lol..
I wish I lived Closer Coop , so I could pop over every other weekend to help..
I had to put the project ~ X~ mold under cover outside for the winter, life gets in the way lol

Probably close to that, but you'll still need a motor and stuff. But hey, send the money and we'll figure out EXACTLY what it costs. :bounce:

build the hulls and the seats for example. set a price for it. and let a configurator with the extra's on internet do the rest of the boat. easy selling, and you can beat the pricing with the rest of the boat builders by offering a standard hull with the options the customer can choose from.

it sets the pricing back to the pricinglevel the customer want, it will not cost the builder profit.

the way it often goes in the netherlands is that customers buy a new boat with an second hand engine/trailer ad half price. and after little time put their saving money in a new engine again.

unlike the car industry, the boating industry can undress their product in difficult times.

and that is a sales opportunity that in my opinion is not often used in the US.

build the hulls and the seats for example. set a price for it. and let a configurator with the extra's on internet do the rest of the boat. easy selling, and you can beat the pricing with the rest of the boat builders by offering a standard hull with the options the customer can choose from.

it sets the pricing back to the pricinglevel the customer want, it will not cost the builder profit.

the way it often goes in the netherlands is that customers buy a new boat with an second hand engine/trailer ad half price. and after little time put their saving money in a new engine again.

unlike the car industry, the boating industry can undress their product in difficult times.

and that is a sales opportunity that in my opinion is not often used in the US.

Thanks for the ~ useful idea~ ;)

if i was checkmate, i would build the Pulsare1600 hull in a low cost country. mid america for example.

4 hulls in a 40ft container and send it home. 250 dollar transportcost per hull vs US loan on hull.
an dominican worker will work for 250 dollar the whole month.

and do the rigging of the boat in Ohio. with a engine of 2 years old for example. or a new engine if the buyer wants.

and still have your profit as a company....

if i was checkmate, i would build the Pulsare1600 hull in a low cost country. mid america for example.

4 hulls in a 40ft container and send it home. 250 dollar transportcost per hull vs US loan on hull.
an dominican worker will work for 250 dollar the whole month.

and do the rigging of the boat in Ohio. with a engine of 2 years old for example. or a new engine if the buyer wants.

and still have your profit as a company....
I understand what your saying but.... Just what we want is some less than steller crap produced for pennies on the dollar. I am very vocal in my beliefs of
1-You get what you pay for. The quality would not be to par of what has kept checkmate in business all these years, that being a top quality boat made in Ohio.
2- Americans can build some of the best quality products. Mr Honda thought this also and that is why a lot of his production was moved to the states.
3-Between an american made product and a foreign product, I will chose a product from the states. If checkmate was made in mexico, I would never buy another checkmate. It would be a sad day here. I would rather own a baja at that point:(

America was built by being a production country. Since the free trade agreements, we have now became a purchasing country. There is something wrong here......... If I was incharge, I would tax all imports and give substantial tax cuts for products made in the US. Also I would stop all aid to all foreign countries. How can we keep giving when there is Americans starving, people homeless, and our debt is where it is......

Sorry end rant now:pissed:

Like I said, I understand what your saying about a cheap way to built a cheap boat to boost sales in the tough economy.

I understand what your saying but.... Just what we want is some less than steller crap produced for pennies on the dollar. I am very vocal in my beliefs of
1-You get what you pay for. The quality would not be to par of what has kept checkmate in business all these years, that being a top quality boat made in Ohio.
2- Americans can build some of the best quality products. Mr Honda thought this also and that is why a lot of his production was moved to the states.
3-Between an american made product and a foreign product, I will chose a product from the states. If checkmate was made in mexico, I would never buy another checkmate. It would be a sad day here. I would rather own a baja at that point:(

America was built by being a production country. Since the free trade agreements, we have now became a purchasing country. There is something wrong here......... If I was incharge, I would tax all imports and give substantial tax cuts for products made in the US. Also I would stop all aid to all foreign countries. How can we keep giving when there is Americans starving, people homeless, and our debt is where it is......

Sorry end rant now:pissed:

Like I said, I understand what your saying about a cheap way to built a cheap boat to boost sales in the tough economy.

Thanks, Cooper and I believe in the classic Checkmates and are willing to try to keep the old mates going, useing new ideas and changing a few things. The project ~X~ mold l bought from Coop will be a awesome boat when l get back on top to build a few, and l will be helping Coop when l can on the weekends.. ;)

Thanks, Cooper and I believe in the classic Checkmates and are willing to try to keep the old mates going, useing new ideas and changing a few things. The project ~X~ mold l bought from Coop will be a awesome boat when l get back on top to build a few, and l will be helping Coop when l can on the weekends.. ;)
Hey I would not mind coming up and watching/helping to learn from either of you guys. Let me know when your going to start.

Hey I would not mind coming up and watching/helping to learn from either of you guys. Let me know when your going to start.

Cool, I'm good with glass and fabrication, I need to learn more on how to spray gel coat . I know Coop will love a extra pair of hands and new ideas too.
I know dreams are what this country is built on and~ building unique boats / toys~ are dreams on a Big Scale lol..
I have a idea for a ~ Tunnel Hull~ and if I can get another doner boat I will make a one off to show my idea to a big company and see if they want to mess with it lol :)

If I was incharge, I would tax all imports and give substantial tax cuts for products made in the US. and our debt is where it is.......

and the goverments in the rest of the world is crazy. non us products will not enter the US market at a normal price.

their response is throw out coca cola, mac donalds, nike, etc out of their own country's.

dropping the income of the us sales and export again after the crisis.

and here is where you can grow as a country. or lose money and go in debt.

if you think and act globaly, you end up global

Last edited:
Right now I'm just waiting for things to warm up, and to get some home time.

I did start working on those cooler lids when I was home last time.

I wish there was. The closest to the Predictor was the 1600 plug.

Here is the list.

171/170 Pulse
186/185 Pulse
235/234 Persuader
219/218 Persuader
183 Persuader
Stilleto Open, and Closed deck.
Convincor 240 (was also called a 220)
Convincor 242, regular deck and the Sport Deck. (later called a 260)

Also the deck mold for the 251 Convincor.
loan me the stilleto open

You need to stop all production and start on the 18 in your sig. Fill in the splashwell and put a pad on top. OOOWWWW that would be good.

Back